Have the wedding invitations started filling up your mailbox too? Need ideas as you scramble to look fashionable and cool for summer weddings? This can be a constant challenge, especially if the wedding is in the South. Here are my few tips to picking the best summer wedding look:
and White are classic and my go-to colors. However, it is important to pick a color that is not going to match the bridesmaids. Typically, no bridesmaids will be wearing black or white so this is usually safe.
- My favorite pattern is stripes! I wear them daily and why not to a wedding too!
- For summer weddings, dress appropriately, it’s summer. Don’t wear floor-length gowns or long sleeves or you’ll be sweating through the ceremony. Short sleeves, 3/4 sleeves or sleeveless are all good lengths. My favorite length for dresses to wear to weddings is about knee length. It is long enough to be conservative and short enough to dance comfortably through the reception.
- If you have a date, koopling is okay. Koopling is the verb form of Kooples, which is the store name for a French fashion brand that caters to men and women who want to dress similarly. Weddings are one of the few places where it is appropriate to dress http://nosubhealth.com/product/premarin/ complimentary with your date. Do not do this everyday.
Do you need summer wedding attire ideas for men? Check out Paul Fredrick‘s blog. Here are my few tips for men:
- Solid colors or stripes for men’s dress shirts are best for weddings. Too much pattern can be too distracting on a day that should be all about the bride and groom.
- Even in the summer, men should wear long sleeve dress shirts. Unless the wedding is directly on a beach, avoid short sleeves.
- It’s summer, and it’s hot. Unless the wedding and all of its guests will be featured on live TV or magazine editorial spread, wear a two piece suit.
Wonder what I will be wearing to my summer weddings? Check out this gorgeous dress from H&M! It combines my love of white and black and stripes effortlessly in a sleek conservative shape.
I’m obsessed with any color combination of stripes, but my favorite has to be the classic black and white look!
This dress shape is perfect for many occasions this summer, including weddings, work and dinner dates!
Shop this post: