I hope you had a great Thanksgiving yesterday with your family, friends and of course tons of turkey! And are scooping up some great Black Friday deals today!
year I cooked my first turkey, and I’m excited to share my lessons learned with you.
It’s much simpler than I thought, but it does take a long time.
You’ll need to allow about 24 hours for each 4 to 5 pounds of frozen turkey you plan to thaw in the fridge.
– 15 pounds — 3 days plus 18 hours
– 20 pounds — 5 days
– 25 pounds — 6 days plus 6 hours
- 2 gallons cold water
- 2 cups kosher salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 12- to 18-pound turkey
Important: You will need a food-safe container large enough to hold the turkey and brine while it is marinating. Make sure the container fits inside your refrigerator.
This is important because I did not have a container large enough. I ended up putting the turkey to brine in my soup pot and rotating it halfway through.
My turkey was 11 lbs and it took about 3 and 1/2 hours to cook at 350 degrees, which was over the recommended time. People say that every pound takes about 15 minutes. But I would recommend you budget in extra purchase phentermine online cheap time, plus about 30 minutes to let the turkey rest and cool after it’s taken out of the oven.
1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves (I used rosemary)
1 fresh turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
Freshly ground black pepper
1 large bunch fresh thyme (I used rosemary)
1 whole lemon, halved
1 Spanish onion, quartered
1 head garlic, halved crosswise
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the zest and juice of the lemon and 1 teaspoon of thyme ( I used Italian herbs mix) leaves to the butter mixture. Set aside.
- Take the giblets out of the turkey and wash the turkey inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pinfeathers and pat the outside dry. Place the turkey in a large roasting pan. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the turkey cavity. Stuff the cavity http://nosubhealth.com/product/plavix/ with the bunch of thyme (I used fresh rosemary), halved lemon (I used oranges), quartered onion, and the garlic. Brush the outside of the turkey with the butter mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the turkey.
- Roast the turkey about 3 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between the leg and the thigh. Remove the turkey to a cutting board and cover with aluminum foil; let rest for 20 minutes.