- Nespresso Machine (and nespresso pods and holder)
- Table for your bed so you can keep working on your laptop, sketching in your notebook or reading that magazine.
- Wireless Headphones – I use the Apple Airpods, but I would actually recommend the ones with the neck wire connecting them for working out (less likely to lose an earbud while running/biking/lifting).
- Noise Cancelling Headphones – Do you work in a cubicle in an open plan office or have a noisy family or roommates that you wish you didn’t have to listen to or are distracting you? This is a game changing gift!
- Fitbit – Wearable technology makes for a great gift as it can often feel like a luxury item for someone to buy for themselves.
- Moleskin Notebook – Everyone takes notes in meetings, or at least brings a notebook with them to doodle in. Try a paper one or a digital one, both are great gift options.
- Yeti Mug – Everyone has a thermos, but the Yeti Mug is the next step! It will keep your liquids hot or cold for literally hours. I received one a few years ago, and they are now the only mugs I use.
- Watch/ Sunglasses – A good pair of polarized sunglasses and a classic watch always make for great gifts. I’m also partnering with MVMT so you can get $15 off your purchase with promo code “katestylepetite15“! In the photo, I’m wearing MVMT “legend” sunglasses that can be yours for less than $50! I love how their polarization makes the fall leaves look even more vibrant!
You might shop at Nike for your leggings, but have you ever checked out Spanx? These camo leggings are so comfortable and fit my petite frame perfectly. These are high rise and have the right balance of snug and comfort. They are also great leggings for any athleisure look, which basically my uniform in the fall/winter. Something about cold temperatures makes me want to wear only cozy and comfortable clothing. I paired with this Zara long sleeve peplum top from last season, but I’ve linked to great options below.
Shop this Style:
Looking for free things to do in Washington, D. C. this weekend? One of my favorite activities to do in the winter is to visit the Smithsonian Museums. I’d recommend the National Archives, which is running a great exhibit on the Vietnam War now until 6 January 2019.
I wore this high-waisted, pleated midi skirt that I found in a thrift store a few years ago, but it’s been a repeat favorite over the years. It’s a classic shape that will never go out of style. I’m glad high-waisted remains a fall fashion trend for 2018.
I’ve paired it with one of my favorite patterns – stripes! This striped sweater is slightly oversized, but the high-waisted skirt keeps the outline of my outfit flattering overall.
If you are going to the Smithsonian Museums, be sure to wear comfortable flats. These are Anthropologie shoes from a couple seasons ago, but they are very comfortable and have good support.
I voted today because casting a ballot is my voice. I’m from Vietnam, a one-state party, where my opinion as an individual is not valued by the communist government. I vote because I recognize its fragility. The most powerful and influential thing I can do as a citizen is vote. Why do you vote?
Shop this style:
It was so fun partnering with J. Crew, which is currently running a 30% sale in store and a 40% sale on selected items online with promo code “BOO”!
How was your weekend? Did you get up to any Halloween activities? I dressed up as a unicorn this year, but I’ve found I just enjoy dressing funky around the spooky holiday.
My boyfriend bought these very impractical shoes because I told him leopard was in season this fall. While I did donate them right after taking this shoot, It was a lot of fun stepping out of my comfort zone. What do you think? Do you enjoying pushing your fashion boundaries?
I’m excited to get in the Halloween spirit this week by visiting my first haunted forest! I haven’t gone to a haunted house in ages, so looking forward to getting scared in a control setting. How are you getting in the mood?
This season, I’m wearing plaid on repeat. If you’ve been following my Instagram stories, I’ve been using the Maria Kondo method on my closet. In other words, this was my literal weekend uniform as I tried to sort out all my clothes. The struggle is real. I have no idea how I’ve accumulate so much. I’m not getting rid of enough, but I’m trying to focus on organizing everything as well as reminding myself to toss a few things into the donate pile. Who else struggles with their closet? Got any tips? Leave a comment for me!
Shop this Style:
“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” –
What is more October than picking out pumpkins for the house?! If I’m honest, I took this photo before it started getting cold in DC. In other words, these OTK boots – while a fall favorite – were making me sweat hauling these pumpkins back to my car.
I’m remixing autumnal favorites from previous seasons, but I’ve linked to similar styles below. (Tip – My top is actually a sheath dress but restyled, which is a great way to extend your summer clothing into fall.)
Shop this style:
I’ve been trying to incorporate working out into my routine regularly both to stay fit and also manage stress. Since I’ve been squeezing time in to hit the gym whenever I can, I’ve been looking for an athletic wear that can transition from gym to errands.
Fabletics is an amazing brand that offers great athletic and athleisure wear. They have a little bit of everything – rather you like colors or print or neutrals.
These high-waisted sculpt leggings have quickly become a favorite of mine. I love the perforated detail that helps keep me cool when I’m working out, but they still look chic enough to run around town after the gym. This complimentary long sleeve top is also perfect to throw on over a sports bra. Both pieces are also on major sale so you can get this entire look for under $100!
Shop similar style: