Through the good and bad, I know that I live a truly blessed life. I was adopted from Vietnam and given a second chance to make something of myself. While I certainly feel that at times I’m failing God by not living a life that improves the world, I try my best to live by this moral everyday. Do you share a similar desire to effect positive change in your community? Want to learn how you can help and make a difference (while also giving you an excuse to put on a cute dress or black tie?)
depicting her survival of 14 years of abuse, I knew my I had to help Voice Today.
FACTS On Why You Should Join the Fight!
Numbers of Children Sexually Abused before 18th Birthday:
1 in 4 Girls
1 in 6 Boys
Only 1 in 10 tell
- 70-80% of sexual abuse survivors report excessive drug and alcohol use.
- 50% of male survivors have suicidal thoughts and more than 20% attempt suicide.
- Young girls who are sexually abused are more likely to develop eating disorders as adolescents.
- More than 60% of teen first pregnancies are preceded by experiences of sexual abuse.
- The average age of the offenders is 27.
- Approximately 40% of sex offenders report having been sexually abused as children.
- Both men and women who have been sexually abused are more likely to engage in prostitution.
- Approximately 70% of sexual offenders of children have between 1 and 9 victims.
- 20-25% have 10 to 40 victims.
- Serial child molesters may have as many as 400 victims in their lifetimes.
If you live in Atlanta, come join me at their Silent Auction Fundraiser on August 17, 2013 at 6 p.m. at Mason Murer Art Gallery. It’ll be a black and tie event, and I promise to wear something fabulous that you’ll want to see! Buy tickets here for the event!
If you can’t come to the event (which will have live entertainment, food & drinks, and national and local celebrities) go online today and donate to their cause!
As if this cause wasn’t enough to give you another reason to dress up and enjoy great company – the first reader to find me at the silent auction event and mention that your a reader of Kate Styled Pretty will win a black vintage purse that I found at a cute boutique in Florida!
This is the perfect little black purse for brunch with the girlfriends or happy hour after a long day at work! I can’t wait to meet the winner of this purse!